The countdown was intense, and now they’re here. Yes, all seven seasons of Gilmore girls made their way to Netflix on October 2. That’s over 120 hours of Michel’s charm, Rory’s enviable love life (can I marry Jess?), Kirk’s unbearably awkward being and Lorelai being Lorelai. For those of you unaware of this godsend of a TV series, here are some reasons why you need to start. Right now. Don’t even wait for Columbus Day Weekend. Just do it.
1. Lorelai and Rory’s eating habits will make your trips to late night this past weekend seem like nothing.
2. Your vocabulary will expand ten-fold.
3. Lorelai will give you the green light to ditch the Plex today.
4. Only the Gilmores genuinely understand your coffee needs, no matter what time of the day.
5. For those of you who are upperclassmen, Rory may be a source of empathy as you enter the real world.
6. In the inescapable college hook-up culture, Rory reminds us how amazing it is to actually be in a relationship.
7. If you're having a bad day, so is Michel.
8. On the week that you have three midterms and two group projects due, Jess will keep life in perspective for you.
9. You will never meet anyone as honest as Paris.
10. It will remind you to simply live.
11. Once you start watching, you won’t be able to stop.