The Holidays are quickly approaching and, unfortunately, so are finals. What better way to prepare for both than to make some Peanut Butter S’mores in your dorm? You’ll get a taste of what’s to come once you are home for the holidays, and you’ll also get that study fuel you need to ace your finals. And, don’t worry; you won’t need an oven for this one!
You will need:
½ cup of melted butter
2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 ¼ cups of peanut butter
8-12 ounces of marshmallow fluff
1 ½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2-3 cups of mini peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
Once you have all the ingredients…
- Mix the melted butter, the graham cracker crumbs, the peanut butter and the powdered sugar together until they are all completely combined
- Once combined, press it onto the bottom of a baking dish, preferably 9x13 (don’t be afraid to get your hands all sticky!)
- Spread a layer of marshmallow fluff over the graham cracker crust that you just pressed onto the bottom of the baking dish
- Then, sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups on top of the fluff and press them down gently
- Refrigerate the bars for 30 to 60 minutes until hardened
- Now, for the finishing touch, remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and cut it into bars. The bars will soften at room temperature
***If you are allergic to peanuts, then remove the peanut butter from the ingredients and substitute the peanut butter cups for Hershey's chocolate bars
And, there you have it, the perfect pick-me-up for finals week and a little preview for what’s to come this holiday season. All you need is about one hour of your time—perfect for a quick study break.
Image via Tumblr.