Home sweet home. It's vacations like these that make us appreciate all of the independence and freedom we have at college, but home is awesome. Let's be real, home is the best. For one, the food is better. So enjoy your Thanksgiving break to the fullest, because in four short days we'll all be back on that BC grind.
Before the ever-looming finals week starts making mincemeat of your sanity, make sure to take time during this vacation to reflect on everything you're thankful for in your home life. Here are 10 things that we are thankful for now that Thanksgiving break is finally here!
10. Our cars. Everything is easier with a car. EVERYTHING. Not that the T doesn't provide a memorable experience or anything, but it's nice to take a break from all of the crowded public transportation. Don't even get us started on the Comm. Ave bus.
9. Drive thru's. Dunkin' Donuts has never been more easily attainable. You don't even have to get out of the car! The drive thru may be one of the greatest inventions in the history of Lazy America.
8. No flip flops in the shower. This is a shout out to all of you on Upper Campus, Newton Campus, and CoRo. You guys know what we're talking about here. Sometimes you just want to take a shower without flip flops. Is that really too much to ask?
7. Early bedtimes. We can go to bed at 10 p.m. and no one will judge us! Also, your parents most likely will not pressure you into dressing up and partying on Friday and Saturday night. If your parents do force you to party with them on the weekend, well, you can look at that as a win too. But seriously, try to take the weekend off and catch up on your sleep!
6. ABC Family. If we miss another Harry Potter weekend, we might have a mental breakdown. Sometimes you just need to go to Hogwarts. And BC doesn't seem to understand that need.
5. Avoiding high school "friends." This break is the perfect length. It's just long enough to justify spending time with your besties. And yet it's short enough to avoid hanging out with those high school "friends" who you really have nothing in common with anymore. Specifically avoid the Regina George of your high school.
4. No laptops. We can finally unplug the MacBooks and slam the textbooks shut. Hallelujah! The fifth floor of O'Neill was getting pretty crowded last week, but thankfully we're all finally done with those term papers.
3. Home cooked food. No matter how hard Lower tries, their Thanksgiving dinner is just no comparison to an actual home-cooked turkey with mashed potatoes and stuffing. Drool. And don't even get us started on pie...
2. Hugs. Our parents love us more than our roommates ever will. Period. There's something about unconditional love that just can't be replaced. Make sure to take full advantage of your parents and their infinite hugs this break. Hugs from lions are cool too. If you own a lion take full advantage of his hugs.
1. Our dogs. Unless you're a senior guy with a Mod who's dating a freshman, we doubt anyone has ever looked at you as adoringly as your dog. Don't let their love go to waste.
Happy Thanksgiving! See you back on campus on Monday!